Saleen Performance Vehicles just released photos and details for their latest offering, the 2011 Saleen S302 Mustang that boasts all the usual Saleen goodies along with 425 horsepower and 395 lb.-ft of torque. The S302 features the all-new 5.0-liter V-8 as its powerplant with a few minor modifications to increase horsepower slightly. This is the first new vehicle from Saleen this year as we were introduced to the Saleen 435S and 2010 Saleen S281 late last year.
This past weekend at Carlisle Ford Nationals Saleen unveiled the S302 in coupe and convertible which is based on the 2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0. Production of the S302 is now underway with units shipping to dealers in the next few weeks.
Highlights for the S302 include 20-inch Saleen wheels, Saleen Racecraft suspension, new Saleen leather seats, five optional colors in addition to the factory colors, 3.73 limited slip, performance air-filter and exhaust system.
Check out all the details and photos below.
Saleen Performance Vehicles is unveiling the latest product in its premiere line of high-performance cars, the 2011 S302. The debut will take place this weekend at the Carlisle Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA. This is the first Saleen vehicle launched this year, following the successful launches of the 435S and S281 in 2009.
The Saleen S302 is based on the 2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 and builds on the Saleen tradition of offering limited-edition, high-performance vehicles for enthusiasts who are looking for an exhilarating driving experience, with refined drivability for real-world road conditions.
Available in both coupe and convertible body styles, the S302 boasts a premium level of design consideration, both exterior and interior, with performance to match.
“We’ve taken high performance vehicles to the next level with this S302 Saleen,” said Michael Timarac, Brand Manager, Saleen Performance Vehicles. “The S302 is being built now and will be in dealerships in the coming weeks. I’m proud of this product and those who value performance vehicles will agree that the S302 is one of the best American exotic vehicles available on the market.”
The S302’s exterior design features carefully crafted sculptural detailing, with lines and forms that flow naturally and suggest suppleness, power and agility. It features an understated yet imposing grille and front fascia, and a refined treatment of the familiar Saleen extended rear fascia and trunk lid with a simple, elegant, integrated wing.
The S302’s 5.0-liter V8 engine produces 425 hp and 395 lb.-ft. of torque, sent to the rear wheels through a six-speed manual transmission and a limited-slip differential with 3.73:1 final drive ratio.
The interior features new, leather sport seats with Ultrasuede inserts, highlighted by chevron-like Ultrasuede red tabs in the seatback bolsters, and unique treatments of the gauges, steering wheel, center console and shifter. There also are contrasting Saleen logos in the door panels, and Saleen logos in the door sill plates that illuminate when the door is opened.
Additional exterior highlights include unique, 20-inch, 7-spoke alloy wheels with Pirelli P-Zero high-performance tires, and Saleen S302 fender badging.
Complete 2011 Saleen S302 Specifications:
- 302 cid (5.0L) 4-valve Ti-VCT V8 engine
- 425 hp @ 6,500 rpm
- 395 lb.-ft. torque @ 4,250 rpm
- Saleen performance air filter
- 6-speed, manual transmission
- Limited-slip differential, 3.73:1 final drive (coupe) 3.31:1 (convertible)
- Performance Exhaust System with Saleen design outlets
- Saleen Racecraft suspension
- Saleen Racecraft front sway bar and performance bushings
- Saleen Racecraft specific-rate front and rear springs
- Saleen Racecraft nitrogen-pressurized front strut and rear shocks, wide-range adjustable damping
- Saleen Racecraft front strut tower brace
- Power-assisted, 4-wheel vented disc brakes with ABS and traction control
- 12.4 in. front rotors
- 11.8 in. rear rotors
- 14 in. slotted front rotors with 4-piston calipers
Wheels & Tires
- Saleen 20-inch, 7-spoke Speed Star silver wheels
- (20×9 front, 20×10 rear) with Pirelli P-Zero Rosso tires
- (275/35ZR20 front, 275/40ZR20 rear)
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Saleen 7-Spoke Speed Star chrome wheels
- (20×9 front, 20×10 rear)
- Saleen 5-spoke forged chrome wheels
- (20×9 front, 20×10 rear) (late availability)
- Saleen Design leather seats, front and rear, with contrasting stitching and Ultrasuede® Eco Design™ inserts
- Saleen shifter with leather-wrapped, aluminum shift knob
- Unique, Saleen black-faced gauges, including 200 mph speedometer with MyColor™ feature
- Custom center console finish in Piano Black
- Saleen serialized console plaque
- Saleen steering wheel badge
- Saleen leather door inserts
- Saleen custom-embroidered floor mats
- Saleen illuminated door sill plates
- Ford SYNC® voice-activated communications and entertainment system
- Shaker 500 audio system with AM/FM stereo, in-dash 6 CD changer, MP3 capability, 8 speakers
- Saleen “Eagle One” detail kit
- Saleen owner’s document portfolio and warranty guide
- Saleen S302 4V Ti-VCT fender badging
- Saleen chevron graphics (color specific to vehicle color)
- Saleen Design Power Flow hood
- Saleen Design injection-molded front fascia, grille, side skirts, rear fascia, rear diffuser, decklid appliqué, spoiler and end caps
- Saleen championship wreath decal
- Saleen serialized engine bay plaque / bumper number decal
- Saleen windshield graphic
- Saleen Design injection-molded quarter window covers
- Performance White
- Race Red
- Grabber Blue
- Sterling Grey Metallic
- Ingot Silver Metallic
- Kona Blue Metallic
- Red Candy Metallic with tinted clearcoat (added cost)
- Igniter Orange custom factory paint
- Octane Red custom factory paint
- Silver Shield custom factory paint
- Motor City Blue custom factory paint
- Lights Outs Yellow custom factory paint
Safety & Security
- Advance Trac® with Electronic Stability Control®
- Dual-stage front airbags
- Front seat side-impact airbags
- Remote keyless entry / illuminated entry
- LATCH (Lower Anchors & Tethers for Children) System
- SecuriLock® passive anti-theft system
- SOS post-crash alert system