On October 15th a one-off 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca edition painted ‘School Bus Yellow’ will be auctioned off to benefit the Edith and Benson Ford Heart & Vascular Institute and the Center for Cardiac Care at Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital. The one-of-a-kind vehicle was built specifically for this event which takes place at the Winner’s Circle Afterglow event at 8 p.m. eastern at the Ford Motor Company Conference and Event Center in Dearborn, Michigan. The ‘School Bus Yellow‘ Laguna Seca Mustang will be signed by racing legend Parnelli Jones who drove a similar colored Boss 302 to victory in its first race at Laguna Seca.
I believe this gives us official confirmation that the color ‘School Bus Yellow’ will be on tap for the 2013 Mustang Boss 302. Check below for a complete rundown on all the features.
1-of-1 School Bus Yellow 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca Specs
- 1-of-1 factory-painted “School Bus Yellow” edition personally signed by racing legend Parnelli Jones
- 5.0 Liter V8
- 444 horsepower
- 7500 RPM redline
- 380 ft. lbs. torque
- 6-speed manual transmission
- Brembo front brake package
- Rear axle ratio 1: 3.73
- 4-pipe exhaust
- 6-way adjustable Recaro racing seats with “Boss 302” stitched
- Gauge pack, centered on dash, measuring: 0-60 mph times, lateral
- Gs and braking performance (exclusive to Laguna Seca models)
- Rear seat removed for cross brace installation, resulting in 10 percent improved rear body frame stiffness